Monday, July 16, 2012

It's been an interesting first few days. Training has been somewhat of a challenge because we are allotted one hour time slots. We have to be efficient and to get another session in, creative with the space around the hotel, inside and out. Yesterday we took the train into Ulus to visit the Ankara Citadel. The walk to the top was more like a hike and was an outstanding substitute for an afternoon of fitness. I can't lie, my legs were a little sore today. After our hike to the top we took pictures of the view and climbed down to the town and had an AMAZING lunch with a gracious host who took care of us for sure! After sampling several kebob, we trained back to the hotel for some down time. Unfortunately there isn't a ton to do around here but thankfully there is a HUGE mall directly behind us that helps occupy some time. I do have my favorite store which I will compare to a Target with a MUCH better food selection. I do think that despite the malls size it's going to get smaller and smaller as out time here passes. This afternoon we have our opening ceremony and our men have their first game against Korea tomorrow morning. We have our first and possibly our most challenging game against defending 2008 Deaf World Football Champions Russia. Wish us luck as we finally get ready to play our first game! IF anyone ever offers you fermented, organic carrot juice PASS!! Wow, I like to think I can stomach just about anything but JEESH that stuff was rough. So take my advice and pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment